Use it when you need to update a master translation memory with reviewed translations.
When you receive a bilingual document from a reviewer, you need to run Confirm and update rows to save the contents in a translation memory. You create a project; add the translation memory you want to update; import the bilingual document or documents; and then call on Confirm and update rows.
You need a working or a master translation memory in your project before you can do this.
How to get here
Open a project. You can also open a document for translation. On the Preparation ribbon, choose Confirm and Update.
Or: Open a project. Open a document if necessary. Press Ctrl+Shift+U.
What can you do?
- Choose a scope. Then filter the segments along their statuses, if necessary.
A scope tells memoQ which documents to look at. You have the following options - choose one radio button:
- Project: memoQ changes all segments in all documents of the current project.
- Active document: memoQ changes all segments in the active document. The active document is the one you are looking at in the translation editor. You can choose this only if you are working on a document in the translation editor.
- Selected documents: memoQ changes all segments in the selected documents. You can choose this only if you select several documents in Translations under Project home. It doesn't work when the translation editor is in the front.
- From cursor: memoQ changes segments below the current position in the active document. The active document is the one you are looking at in the translation editor. You can choose this only if you are working on a document in the translation editor.
- Open documents: memoQ changes all segments in every document that is open in a translation editor tab.
- Selection: memoQ changes the selected segments in the active document. The active document is the one you are looking at in the translation editor. You can choose this only if you are working on a document in the translation editor.
- Work on views check box: Check this to make memoQ change segments in the views in the current project. You can choose this only if there is at least one view in the project.
- Then choose the status of segments that memoQ will confirm and save to the translation memory. Check or clear one or more of these check boxes:
- Edited: Check this to confirm Edited segments.
- All statuses: Check this to confirm every segment, regardless of the status. This overrides all the other check boxes.
- 100% or 101% pretranslated: Check this to confirm segments that were pre-translated, and received an exact (100%) match or a context (101%) match originally.
- Translator confirmed: Check this to confirm segments that are in the Translator confirmed status.
- Reviewer 1 confirmed: Check this to confirm segments that are in the Reviewer 1 confirmed status.
- Reviewer 2 confirmed: Check this to confirm segments that are in the Reviewer 2 confirmed status.
- Locked (regardless of status "behind" the lock): Check this to confirm locked segments. memoQ confirms and saves every locked segment, no matter what their status is.
You can tell memoQ which TM you want to update with the confirmed segments. Select one of the following:
- Master TM: This is the default. For projects and templates created with memoQ versions earlier than 8.2, this option is selected.
- Working TM: This is useful when you want to update a separate TM with translations received from others.
- Working/Master TM: If there is only one TM for the project, or you chose the same TM as Master and Working, the two options above are joined.
- Do not update: No TM will be updated. Select this if you do not want the translations to be added to any TM.
When a segment is saved to a translation memory, it also notes the user who made the change. There is a default user name. In a local project, it's your user name in Windows. In an online project, it's your user name on the memoQ server.
There are more details to save, too.
- To save these details, click Show more. See the lower half of the Confirm and update rows window.
- Change the user name and role, click the User name stored with each row radio button. Choose a role in the Role drop-down box, and type the user name in the Default text box.
The role isn't always saved: In the project, use a TM settings profile where you allow memoQ to save user roles to the translation memory. If the current TM settings don't allow that, the role in the TM will be None for every new segment.
- There are three types of confirmation (Translator confirmed, Reviewer 1 confirmed, Reviewer 2 confirmed). Normally, memoQ confirms the segment as Translator confirmed. To use a 'stronger' confirmation, choose it from the Set segment status to drop-down box.
- Set up custom fields if necessary. In the properties of a translation memory, you can add more fields than memoQ offers. These are custom fields. If your translation memory contains custom fields, you can set them up for the new segments in the Custom fields section. Choose a field in the Field drop-down box. Set a value in the boxes that appear below that. Click Add. To remove a value, select it, and click Remove.
When you finish
Click OK to perform the confirm and update operation. Click Cancel to close the dialog box without making changes to your documents.
Click Show more to view the User name and the Custom fields section. In the expanded view, click Show less to collapse the Confirm and update rows dialog, and show the first two sections only.