How to get here
- Sign in to memoQWeb as an administrator.
- On the left sidebar, click the Admin icon.
- On the Admin screen, click the Discussions button. The Discussions screen opens.
What can you do?
The Discussions feature provides topics that team members can use to communicate. If the feature is enabled, translators, reviewers, and project managers can start topics about projects, documents, segments, terms, term bases, or about anything in general. You can enable or disable it on this page. Normally, topics are enabled. If they are enabled in general, you can still turn off some of them.
If topics are turned on in general, you can turn off some of them:
- To prevent users from posting comments that are not related to any particular item (such as a term base, an entry, a document, or a segment): Under Generic topics, choose the Disabled option.
- To disable commenting in QTerm: Under QTerm-related topics, choose the Disabled option.
- To turn off email notifications about new comments on followed topics: Under E-mail notifications, choose the Disabled option.
To hide topics from certain users, use groups: If you want to hide topics from some users, but not all, do not turn off Discussions. Instead, create a group that is excluded from topics, and add these users to that group. Topics will be available for everyone else, but these users will not see any of them.
To save your changes to this section: Click the Save button at the bottom of the section.