You must do this because the language pair of the project must also exist in your Language Terminal profile.
How to get here
- Open memoQ. Start creating a project: On the Project ribbon, click New Project. The Create new project from template window opens.
- Add documents to the project, then click Next. Or, simply click Next. (You can also add documents later.) The Project template information page appears.
- Check the Store job details in Language Terminal check box. The Language pair drop-down box appears at the top right.
- From the Language pair drop-down box, choose New language pair. The Add new language pair window appears.
Without a template: On the Project ribbon, click the down arrow under the New project button. From the menu, choose New Project. The New memoQ project wizard starts. Check the Store job details in Language Terminal check box. The Language pair drop-down box appears. From the Language pair drop-down box, choose New language pair. The Add new language pair window appears.
Register Language Terminal profile: Before you can do this, you must register your Language Terminal profile on the My memoQ page.
What can you do?
- From the Source language drop-down box, choose the source language.
- From the Target language drop-down box, choose the target language.
- If the target language is your native language (or one of your native languages): Check the Native language check box. memoQ saves this in your Language Terminal profile.
- Set your experience with the language pair: Use the slider to choose between Low (1) and High (5). The default value is Medium (3). memoQ saves this in your Language Terminal profile, too.
When you finish
To save the new language pair, and return to creating the project: Click Add.
To return to creating the project, without adding the new language pair: Click Cancel. If you click this, you must choose from the language pairs already in your profile.