When you need to find and replace text in several documents, not in just one, you can have a list of segments where the text was found. This is the Find and replace list.
The Find and replace list opens in a separate document tab. You can review every segment where the text was found. You can edit them as you would in the translation editor. You can also replace the text with the replacement text that you gave the Find or replace window.
To list segments that contain specific text, you can use views, too: Views are lists of segments from several documents that match certain conditions (all of them are unconfirmed, or have tagging errors etc.). In the advanced Create view window, you can create a view of segments that contain specific text, either in the source text, or in the translation. To learn more, see the topic about the advanced Create view window.
How to get here
- Open a project from your computer. In Project home, choose Translations.
- Select the documents you want to search. Or, open a document for translation.
- On the Edit ribbon, click Find or click Replace.
Press Ctrl+F or Ctrl+H. The Advanced find and replace window opens.
- Fill in the Find what box - and the Replace with box, too, if needed.
The Find and replace list opens, with the segments that contain the Find what text.
What can you do?
At the top, you can see the selected segment. Below that, there's a list of segments found.
To select a segment: Click it, or press Ctrl+Up or Ctrl+Down to move around. Or: On the Edit ribbon, click the Move To Previous or Move To Next button.
You can edit the target text in the segment just like in the translation editor.
In addition to the usual commands, you also have these options:
- To replace the Find what text with the Replace with text in the current segment: On the Edit ribbon, click the Replace button, or press Ctrl+Space. This works only if you typed a Replace with text in the Find and replace window previously.
- To replace the Find what text with the Replace with text in two or more segments: Check the Replace check box in their rows. On the Edit ribbon, click the little arrow next to the Replace this button. From the menu, choose Replace in selected rows. This works only if you typed a Replace with text in the Find and replace window previously.
- To confirm the selected segment, and save the translation to the working translation memory: Press Ctrl+Enter, or click Confirm.
- To confirm the selected segment, but not save the translation to the working translation memory: Press Ctrl+Shift+R, or click Confirm without update.
When you finish
Before you can edit other documents: Close the Find and replace list. At the top, click the Close icon on the tab.