memoQ content connector (also called Content connector server) is a software module that enables memoQ server to import source-language content automatically, without human intervention. Through the content connector, memoQ server can receive content from various sources such as file folders, version control systems, or content management systems in general. In addition, memoQ server can also watch for changes: through the content connector, memoQ server can check if the content source contains new or updated materials.
- memoQ server can also automatically export and send back finished translations to the Content connector. The Content connector will make sure that the exported documents are saved to the right folder or to the right place in the content source.
- The Content Connector does not have to be on the same computer as memoQ server; in fact, the Content Connector is usually closer to the content source. memoQ server always assumes that it needs to reach out to the Content Connector through the network.
The memoQ Content Connector comes with two types of licenses: Standard or Enterprise. With a Standard license, you can use Content Connector from the memoQ desktop app. With an Enterprise license, you can use Content connector with your memoQ server, too.
For file system connectors, the Content Connector and the chosen folder need to be in the same network.
How to get here
If memoQ server is not installed on the computer:
- Log in to the server computer through Remote Desktop.
- If memoQ server is not installed on this computer: Download the memoQ server setup package from memoq.com: Click the orange Download button, and on the right of the memoQ server row, click the Download link.
- When the download finishes: In the server computer's Downloads folder, double-click the file called memoQ-serverSetup-(version-number).exe.
- Windows may ask you to confirm to run the program. Click Yes or Run.
- The memoQ Server Deployment Administration window opens. You need the fourth section from the top (Content Connector).
If memoQ server or memoQ Content connector is already installed:
- Log in to the memoQ server computer through Remote Desktop.
- Open the Start screen or the Start menu: Press the Windows key.
- Type memoQ, and wait for the results to appear.
- In the list, click memoQ Server Deployment Administration.
- The memoQ Server Deployment Administration window opens. You need the fourth section (Content Connector):
If the memoQ Content connector is already installed on the computer, the section looks like this:
What can you do?
Plan your Content connector infrastructure: System requirements and system layout
When you finish
Create connections to sources: Use the Content connector client.