The Manage topics tab shows all topics in a list. You can manage them here and change their statuses.
How to get here
- Sign in to memoQweb as an administrator.
- On the left sidebar, click the Discussions icon. The Discussions page opens.
- At the top, under Discussions, click the Manage topics tab.
What can you do?
Start a topic
To start a topic: In the top right corner, click the Start a topic button. The Start topic page opens.
To search the list: Type something into the search bar above the list. Press Enter. If the text you typed can be found in some project's name, the list will only show those. To see the whole list again, click the X icon at the end of the search bar.
Learn details from the topic list
The topic list gives you these details about each topic:
- The topic is starred: Starred topics are visible to everyone in the organization Starred topics have the yellow star icon in their row, instead of the regular one .
- The topic is pinned: Pinned topics are on top of all topic listings regardless of the filter applied. Pinned topics have the red pin icon in their rows, instead of the regular one .
- Summary: The purpose of the topic in a few words. The topic's main identifier
- Status: The current status of the topic.
- Related to: The item that the topic is about. It can be a project, a term base, a document, a segment, or a board.
- Assigned to: The user who is currently assigned to the topic.
- Comments: The number of comments the topic has.
- Last activity: The date when someone last did something to the topic.
To select a topic: In its row, check the check box on the left.
To star a topic: In its row, click the star icon. To remove the star, click the yellow star icon.
To pin a topic: In its row, click the pin icon. To remove the pin, click the red pin icon.
Move a topic
To move a topic: At the end of the topic's row, click the Reorder list icon. On the Move topic to pane, choose the new location, and click the Move button. To not move the topic, click the Cancel link (or anywhere outside the Move topic to window).
You can quickly move segment-level topics to the related document or project, and document-level topics to the related project. The Move topic to window shows separate radio buttons for these options.If you try to move a topic that is related to a document or a segment, or to a different topic.
Change a topic's status
To change the topic status: At the end of the topic's row, click the Refresh icon. In the Topic status window, choose the new one, and click the Change button. Or, to discard your changes, click the Cancel link (or anywhere outside the Topic status window).
To delete one topic: At the end of the topic's row, click the Delete icon. Or, check its check box, and above the list, click the Delete topics link. A warning window opens. Check the check boxes, and click the Delete topic button. To keep the topic: Click Cancel.
To delete two or more topics: Check their check boxes, and above the list, click the Delete link. A warning window opens. Check the check boxes, and click the Delete topic button. To keep the topics: Click Cancel.