memoQ Server has different APIs with different application roles.
Web Service API
- Offers operations for management functionality for TMs/TBs/Security/Projects/etc.
- Based on classic Web Service SOAP messages that is best suited for enterprise level integration.
- The caller of the WS API is a super user with unlimited privileges: no user level authentication or authorization is in place.
- Although this API currently supports a few TM related operations that require user level authentication (lookup, concordance search, adding and updating entries), these are considered to be deprecated, and will be eliminated in a future version. The new Resources API offers these operations instead.
- Requires a server level license.
(It is sometimes referred to as REST API.)
- This API offers translator related functionality: currently TM/TB operations, such as lookup, concordance, adding TM entries and similar operations are supported.
- The caller of the API acts as a specific user: the caller has to log on as a specific user, most user level permission checks are effective.
- Requires license from a web or tpro license pool for each active connection and no server level license.
The Resource API is not detailed in this document.
- Web Service based callback can notify an external service about events in memoQ Server.
- The callback is performed via standard web services technology, therefore enables integration with any platform supporting standard web services, including applications developed in Microsoft .NET or Java.
- memoQ Server is the caller is this scenario. The service is offered by the third-party application.