Start or stop memoQ TMS
memoQ TMS runs as a Windows service. The memoQ TMS service is automatically started when Windows starts: online projects and shared resources are available even if you do not log on to Windows on the server computer.
There are times when you need to stop or start - or restart - the memoQ TMS service manually. For example, if you change the configuration, or you plan to update or upgrade memoQ TMS. Sometimes even errors occur that cause the memoQ TMS service to stop. In this case, you need to start the service manually, after you fix the error.
To start the memoQ TMS service, click Start memoQ TMS. memoQ TMS may take one or two minutes to start for the first time. If it starts successfully, the word Running appears in a little window over the Deployment tool window.
If, at the end, you see the word Stopped: This means that memoQ TMS was unable to start because an error occurred. Most of the time, this happens because memoQ TMS is not activated. As a first step, go back to the memoQ TMS activation program, and check if the licenses are all in order (none of them are Invalid, for example). If the licenses are all valid, there may be another problem. To learn how to resolve these, read the Troubleshoot memoQ TMS topic.
Wait a bit after activation: If you start memoQ TMS for the first time after you activate it, wait a few minutes before you start the memoQ TMS service.
To stop the memoQ TMS service, click Stop memoQ TMS. This link appears only when memoQ TMS is running. After memoQ TMS stops, the word Stopped appears in a little window over the Deployment tool window.
You can start and stop the memoQ TMS service with the memoQ TMS manager program. Normally, the memoQ TMS service is set to start automatically with Windows. However, if you have just installed memoQ TMS, and you do not want to restart Windows to start this program, you can use the memoQ TMS manager to start it.
The memoQ TMS manager displays a taskbar icon in the Windows notification area, indicating whether memoQ TMS is currently started or stopped. Look for one of these icons:
If you do not see any of these icons, the memoQ TMS manager program is not started.
- To start the memoQ TMS service, right-click the tray icon, then choose Start.
- To stop the memoQ TMS service, right-click the tray icon, then choose Stop.
- To close the memoQ TMS manager, right-click the tray icon, then choose Exit. This will not stop the memoQ TMS service itself. The service will continue running and the published resources and projects will remain available.
You can start and stop the memoQ TMS service in the Windows Services program. All Windows services - that are background or server applications - can be managed from this program.
To start the Services program in Windows Server 2012 or higher:
- Press the Windows key. The Start screen or the Start menu opens.
- Type services.msc.
- Wait until the Services program appears on the list, then click it.
The Services program lists all installed Windows services:
In the list, find the memoQ Server service item.
- To start the memoQ TMS service, right-click the name of the service in the list. From the pop-up menu, choose Start.
- To stop the memoQ TMS service, right-click the name of the service in the list. From the pop-up menu, choose Stop.
If the memoQ TMS is not on the list, it is not installed. In that case, you need to download and install it using the memoQ TMS Deployment tool.