Completed translations can be exported to your computer or to Language Terminal.
Don't use in online projects: Instead, use the Export target documents on server action.
How to get here
- Open Resource console. Choose Project templates.
To set up the template for online projects: Use an online template for this. Choose your memoQ TMS at the top of Resource console. Click Select.
- Select the project template that you want to set up with automated actions that use custom scripts. Right-click the selection, and click Edit.
- In the Edit project template window, choose Automated actions. Click the Project automation tab if you don't see it at first.
- Under Available triggers, click an event when you want memoQ to export the documents. For example, if you want to run this after a document is imported, click After document import.
- Next to Actions added to the selected trigger, click the + sign. The Select actions you want to add to the trigger window appears.
- Click Export document on this PC or to Language Terminal. The Export document on this PC or to Language Terminal - settings window appears. This action saves the translated document file on the local computer or to Language Terminal.
Don't use in online projects: If you are setting up a template for online projects, use the Export target documents on server action instead.
If you can't add this action because it's already there: Under Actions added to the selected trigger, click Export document on this PC or to Language Terminal. Next to the list, click the Settings button. The Export document on this PC or to Language Terminal - settings window appears.
What can you do?
- Export translations to your computer: Check the Export translations check box. memoQ exports the documents to the stored path: This means that the translation is saved in the folder that is already set up in the project.
- Export translations to Language Terminal: In the Language Terminal section, check the Exported translations check box. This works even when you don't export the translation on your own computer.
- Export additional materials to Language Terminal: Check the Source documents or the Bilingual files (*.mqxlz) check boxes. You can export these without the translations. For example, you can send the source documents to Language Terminal right after the documents were imported.
Normally, memoQ does everything: All the check boxes are checked at first. Clear the check box if you don't want memoQ to export or upload something.
Language Terminal exports don't work if the project isn't connected to Language Terminal: In this window, memoQ doesn't check if the project is connected to Language Terminal. (You can set up the project template to connect the project to Language Terminal automatically.) If a Language Terminal profile isn't saved in memoQ, and the project isn't connected to Language Terminal, memoQ won't export documents there.
When you finish
To add the action to the project template: Click OK.
Nothing will be exported when you click OK: To export documents automatically in an ongoing project: Create a project from this project template, and start working on it. Check the output folder and Language Terminal for exported files.
To return to the Edit project template window, and not add an action to the project template: Click Cancel.