MyMemory plugin settings
You can use MyMemory without a user name and a password. In the MyMemory plugin settings window, you can choose how memoQ inserts matches from MyMemory.
How to get here
- Open the Options window: At the very top of the memoQ window - in the Quick Access toolbar -, click the Options (cogwheels) icon. The Options window opens.
- Under Category, click TM plugins. The TM plugins pane appears.
- Under Installed TM plugins, find MyMemory plugin. Next to its icon, click Options. The MyMemory plugin settings window opens.
What can you do?
- Take care of tags: When memoQ sends text to MyMemory, the tags are not sent. The matches you get back from MyMemory will not contain any tags. Normally, memoQ will not include tags in the match. To insert them all at the end of the match, check the Insert required tags at the end of the translation check box.
- Adjust bold/italic/underline where possible: Normally, memoQ will try to format the match whenever it can make a good guess. This usually means that the target text is formatted as bold/italic/underline if the entire source text is formatted that way. To leave the matches unformatted, clear the Adjust bold/italic/underline where possible check box.
Open the MyMemory website: Click Visit MyMemory website.
MyMemory matches have this icon in the Translation results pane:
When you finish
To use the output of the service in the translation editor: