memoQ server can keep a log of actions that change translation memories. On the Audit log for TM pane, you can turn logging on and off, have the log e-mailed to you, and configure when this all happens. You can also export the current log manually.
How to get here
- At the very top of the memoQ window - in the Quick Access toolbar -, click the Server Administrator (cogwheel in a cloud) icon. The Server Administrator window opens, with the Connection pane.
- Under Category, click Audit log for TM. The Audit log for TM pane appears.
Type or choose the address of the memoQ server, and click the Select button.
You may need to log in to the memoQ server: If you have not used the server before, the Log in to server window opens. Type your user name and password for that server, and click OK.
What can you do?
Turn logging on and off: To turn on logging, check the Create audit log for Translation memories check box.
- TM entry deletion
- Modification of TM permissions
- Creation (of translation memory)
- Deletion (of translation memory)
- Modification of TM properties
You can e-mail the log to yourself. Check the E-mail the audit log of the previous day every day check box. In the Time box, set a time of day. In the E-mail box, type or paste an e-mail address.
You can delete old records automatically: Check the Delete records older than 60 days every month check box. In the Day of the month box, set a day. In the Scheduled time box, set a time of day when the old records are deleted.
Export the log here and now: In the From and Until boxes, choose the first and the last date of the period you want to see. Click Export. A Save As window opens. Find a folder and a name for the exported log.
When you finish
To return to memoQ: Click Close.
Or, choose another category to manage:
- Connection (choose this to manage a different server)
- User management
- Server connections
- Group management
- Language Terminal
- Windows single sign-on
- Default server resources
- CAL licenses
- ELM licenses
- Configuration and logging
- Web service interface
- Corpus indexing
- Omniscien Technologies
- Performance counters
- Background tasks
- Broadcast message
- Spelling in memoQWeb (legacy)
- Weighted counts
- Audit log for TMs
- Customer Portal
- CMS connections