Install memoQ server first: Before you install memoQweb, install, configure, and start memoQ server.
After you install and configure memoQ server, you may need to install Customer Portal.
How to get here
- Log in to the memoQ server computer through Remote Desktop.
- Check if the computer is prepared for installing memoQweb. To learn more: See Plan and prepare memoQweb installation.
- Open the Start screen or the Start menu: Press the Windows key.
- Type memoQ, and wait for the results to appear.
- In the list, click memoQ Server Deployment Administration.
- Windows may ask you to confirm to run the program. Click Yes or Run.
- The Deployment window opens. You need the second section from the top (memoQweb).
- In the memoQweb section, click Install memoQweb. The Install memoQweb wizard opens:
Whan can you do?
- From the Site dropdown, choose a website on the IIS web server. In most cases, there will be only one – the Default Web Site –, but you may have reason to set up a separate website
for memoQWeb for the Business analytics feature. (For that purpose, use the Internet Information Services management console in Windows.)
In the Application name box, type a name for the memoQWeb page. memoQWeb will be available with that name from your server. For example, if you type ’memoqweb’ in this box, the Web address (URL) of the memoQWeb page will be http://yourserveraddress/memoqweb.
- In the Application pool dropdown, choose the application pool you chose
when planning for memoQWeb. (To learn more about planning memoQweb, see Plan and prepare memoQweb installation.) The application pool must run on ASP.NET v4.5 or higher. In systems running Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher, the DefaultAppPool will do.
- In the memoQ Server settings section, choose the memoQ server that memoQWeb will work with. Normally, it is a memoQ server installed on the same computer, but there may be cases when memoQ server is running on a different computer. Normally, the installation wizard will choose ’localhost’ and attach to a default port of 2705.
The Install memoQWeb wizard displays a checklist. If everything is green in this screen, you can click Install to begin the installation:
If there is an error: you may need to choose a different application name or a different application name. If this happens, click Back, and look at the settings again.
If there is a warning about IIS bindings: open the IIS manager window on the server, and add a HTTPS binding for memoQWeb's website that contains the full URL (for example, memoqserver.mycompany.com.
If there is a warning about the .NET Core Hosting bundle: memoQWeb installs this package (as of December 2021, version 3.1) if it is not already on the server. Before installing, make sure it will not affect anything on the server.
- The wizard then installs memoQWeb. When it is complete, it displays the Install finished message in the last wizard screen. Click Finish to return to the deployment tool.
No need to activate but you need web licenses for the server: memoQweb is part of memoQ server. It is also licensed together with memoQ server. You do not need to activate memoQweb. However, you will need web licenses to allow users to connect to memoQweb pages.
When you finish
After you install memoQweb, you may need to do the following: