Before you install Customer Portal, you need to install and configure memoQ server.
You need to install memoQweb, too.
Customer Portal requires secure connections: You need to secure the web site that will run memoQweb and Customer Portal. To learn how: Read the Secure memoQweb access topic.
How to get here
- Log in to the memoQ server computer through Remote Desktop.
- Open the Start screen or the Start menu: Press the Windows key.
- Type memoQ, and wait for the results to appear.
- In the list, click memoQ Server Deployment Administration.
- Windows may ask you to confirm to run the program. Click Yes or Run.
- The Deployment window opens. You need the third section from the top (Customer Portal):
What can you do?
To install Customer Portal over your existing memoQ server system, follow the steps below. To learn more, read the corresponding topics (click the links):
- Plan, install, and configure memoQ server.
- Plan and install memoQweb.
- Before you do anything: Plan and prepare for Customer Portal carefully. Install Internet Information Services (the web server component of Windows) and ASP.NET if necessary.
- Install Customer Portal.
- At this point, you may need to restart the memoQ server service. You may also need to restart Internet Information Services.
To maintain an existing memoQweb system, you can do the following. To learn more, read the topic for each item:
- Upgrade Customer Portal to a new version: you must do this after you upgrade memoQ server to a new version.
- Repair Customer Portal if it cannot be accessed or it does not work as expected
When you finish
To learn more about installing memoQ server: Read the Deploy memoQ server topics.
To learn more about installing memoQweb: Read the Deploy memoOweb topics.