In an online project, documents go through three stages. Translation first, Review 1 second, Review 2 last. (Review 1 and Review 2 are optional.) In each stage, the document task has one of three status values: Not started, In progress, or Finished.
How to get here
- Open Resource console. Choose Project templates.
Online projects only: Use an online template for this. Choose your memoQ TMS at the top of Resource console. Click Select.
- Select the project template that you want to change the workflow status of document when necessary. Right-click the selection, and click Edit.
Online projects only: This action isn't available in local projects. If the eye is closed in the top right corner of the Edit project template window, click it.
- In the Edit project template window, choose Automated actions. Click the Project automation tab if you don't see it at first.
- Under Available triggers, click an event when you want memoQ to calculate the edit-distance statistics. You may need to run this after a document is reimported. For that, click After reimport.
- Next to Actions added to the selected trigger, click the + sign. The Select actions you want to add to the trigger window appears.
- Click Change workflow status of document. The Change workflow status of document window appears.
If you can't add this action because it's already there: Under Actions added to the selected trigger, click Change workflow status of document. Next to the list, click the Settings button. The Change workflow status of document window appears.
What can you do?
If a document can be fully pre-translated, you may want to just confirm the segments and say that the document is ready. Or, you can say that the document must be checked thoroughly, regardless of the matches.
Run the Change workflow status of document action after a Pre-translate action. You could set this to run after a document is imported or reimported. The Pre-translate action would confirm and maybe lock the segments if there's an exact match or a context match for them.
- Choose when the workflow status should change:
- Only if every non-locked row is confirmed: For example, if the Pre-translate action confirms segments with exact matches, and every segment has an exact match, memoQ will change the workflow status.
- Only if all non-locked rows have an in-context match: The change happens if all segments have a context match, even when they aren't confirmed.
- Only if all non-locked rows have an unambiguous 100% match or better: The change happens if every segment has exactly one exact match or a context match, even when they aren't confirmed.
- Only if all non-locked rows have a 100% match or better: The change happens if every segment has one or more exact matches or a context match, even when they aren't confirmed.
- Translation not started: Choose this if you want the document re-checked by a translator. Doesn't make sense if the change is set to happen when every non-locked row is confirmed (first option above).
- Next workflow step: Choose this if you want the document reviewed. This passes on the document to a reviewer - or to the end of the workflow if a reviewer isn't assigned to the document.
- Workflow completed: Choose this if you want to accept the document immediately. Use this option if the change is set to happen when every non-locked row is confirmed.
When you finish
To add the action to the project template: Click OK.
No workflow status will change when you click OK: To get the analysis report automatically in an ongoing project: Create a project from this project template, and start working on it. Check the status of the documents in the memoQ online project window, under Translations.
To return to the Edit project template window, and not add an action to the project template: Click Cancel.