You can make this work in five steps:
- Sign up for the Customer Portal, and activate your access. Connect to the Customer Portal at the web address that your provider gave you. Example: https://translationcompany.com/customerportal. The provider may need to approve your registration. Then, sign in.
- Send in a new request for translation.
You receive a quote for the request: It always shows the weighted word count (the number of words that the provider bills for), and if the provider has set up prices for their services, the quote also contains a financial offer.
- Accept or reject the quote. If you accept a quote, the provider will begin the translation work immediately. If you reject, it becomes cancelled.
- Monitor the progress of your request.
- When the translation is finished, download the translated documents.
Most of the process is automatic, but there are steps where a project manager is involved. The provider will assign you a project manager - or a few project managers. You can contact them directly.
You may also need to
- see which PMs you are working with,
- change your Customer Portal password,
- or, if you are a manager of your company's Customer Portal team, make changes to the accounts of your team members.
All three things can be done from the Customer Portal's People section.