Ribbons - Preparation
The Preparation ribbon appears whenever a local project is open in Project home. It offers actions you usually do when you prepare a project for translation.
Pre-Translate: Pre-translates documents from translation memories and LiveDocs corpora (and, occasionally, from machine translation), and runs an analysis on the project. Opens the Pre-translate and statistics window.
Copy Source To Target Where Empty: Copies the contents of source cells to the target cells where the target segment is empty. This can run on the entire project, on open or selected documents, or on selected segment in one document. Use this when you want to look at the exported document, but the translation is not complete yet. After you export the document, undo the copy. Opens the Copy source to target where empty window.
Populate Number-Only Segments: Fills in target cells everywhere where the source cell contains just a number. This happens according the number format settings for the languages. Opens the Populate Number-only segments window.
Clear Translations: Deletes some or all translations from the project, from the open documents or from the current document. Opens the Clear translations dialog. Use with care.
Find: Finds text in the entire project, in the open documents, in the active alignment editor, or in the translation memory editor. Opens the Quick find or the Advanced find and replace window. Shortcut key: Ctrl+F. (For Advanced find and replace in a document, press Ctrl+F twice.)
Find next: Jumps to the next occurrence of the last expression you searched for. This happens in the same document as well as across documents. Does not open a window.
Replace: Finds and replaces text with another text in the entire project, in the open documents, in the active alignment editor, or in the translation memory editor. Opens the Quick find window with the replace options. Shortcut key: Ctrl+H. For the Advanced find and replace window, press Ctrl+H, and then press Ctrl+F.
Advanced: Opens the Advanced find and replace window.
Change Segment Status: Changes the status of the current segment or the selected segments. For example, use this to revert segments to the Not started status for more accurate analysis. Opens the Change segment status window.
Quality Assurance: Runs the quality checks on the entire project, the selected documents, or on the current document. Opens the Run QA window. If you need more options, click the Quality Assurance label below the icon. A menu appears:
- Run QA: Runs the quality checks on the entire project, the selected documents, or on the current document. Opens the Run QA window. You need this if you are checking consistency: Consistency checks do not run automatically when you confirm segments.
- Resolve Errors and Warnings: Displays a list of warnings from across the project. Opens the Resolve errors and warnings window. Choose where the warnings should come from. Then the Resolve errors and warnings tab opens.
Changes And Conflicts: Available only if you work on the checkout of an online project. Shows the conflicts and changes you need to go through. Use this when you work on an online project. Conflicts happen when you change a segment, but the same segment changes on the server at the same time. This icon opens a menu:
- Clear Change Marks: Clears the change marks from the project or from the document. Every change is accepted with the default settings. Usually, your changes win unless the change from the server was made by a Reviewer 2 user, and you are a Translator or a Reviewer 1. Opens the Clear change marks window.
- Review Changes and Conflicts: Opens the Review changes and conflicts tab where you can look at the changes that were uploaded to or downloaded from the master copy of the online project.
Regex Tagger: Turns parts of the current document into tags, using regular expressions. For example, this is useful if the document still contains HTML or XML markup as part of the text. Opens the Tag current document window. Caution, you need to know about regular expressions to make it work.
Extract Terms: Extracts possible terms from the project or from selected documents - or from translation memories. Opens the Extract candidates window. If you need more options, click the Extract Terms label under the icon. A menu opens:
- Extract Terms: Extracts possible terms from the project or from selected documents - or from translation memories. Opens the Extract candidates window. After you choose the settings, and the term extraction is run, memoQ will open the candidate list editor where you can look at and filter the possible terms.
- Term Extraction Sessions: When you work in the candidate list editor, you may need to leave the list, and return to it later. memoQ saves these lists as term extraction sessions. This command opens the Extract terms window.
Confirm And Update: Confirms and updates all edited segments in the project (or in the selected documents). The segments are saved the master translation memory. (When you simply confirm a segment, it goes to the working translation memory. To learn more: See Help about the Translation memories pane of Project home.) Opens the Confirm and update rows window. Shortcut key: Ctrl+Shift+U.