Caution, this ribbon can be customized: This is one of the ribbons you can change in the Customize the memoQ ribbon window. This page is about its default contents.
New Project: Creates a new local project from a template. Opens the Create new project from template window. If you need more options, click the New project label below the icon. A menu appears:
- New Project From Template: Creates a new local project from a template. Opens the Create new project from template window.
- New Project: Create a new local project without a template. Starts the new memoQ project wizard.
- New Online Project From Template: Requires memoQ project manager. Creates a new online project from a template. Opens the New online project from template window.
- New Online Project: Requires memoQ project manager. Creates a new online project without a template. Starts the new memoQ project wizard for online projects.
- Publish On Server: Requires memoQ project manager. Copies a local project to a memoQ TMS, and sets it up for online access. Opens the Publish project wizard.
- Import: Imports one or more documents, and adds them to the current project. The documents do not have to be of the same type. Uses the default settings. Brings up an Open window where you can find and select the documents. Use this command to update the project from bilingual documents (MQXLZ, Trados DOC/RTF, or table RTF).
- Import With Options: Imports one or more documents, and adds them to the current project. You can customize settings. First, brings up an Open window where you can find and select the documents. The documents do not have to be of the same type. After you click Open, the Document import options window opens. You can choose a different filter configuration for each document (or for all of them at once), or set up new filter configurations.
- Import Folder Structure: Imports documents from an entire folder and from its subfolders. Opens the Add folder structure window. There you can choose a folder to import, and configure the file types, including the filter configurations.
Reimport: Imports the selected documents again. If the original document is still in the same folder, memoQ will import that document (but ask you before doing that). Reimport always happens with options: The Document import options window will open. When you reimport a document, memoQ will create a new major version of it. To get the translations from the previous version, use the X-Translate command. To view the version history of the document, use the History/Reports command.
Statistics: Counts segments, words, characters in the project or in the selected documents, and analyzes them against the translation memories and the LiveDocs corpora in the project. Opens the Statistics window.
Pre-Translate: Pre-translates documents from translation memories and LiveDocs corpora (and, occasionally, from machine translation), and runs an analysis on the project. Opens the Pre-translate and statistics window.
X-Translate: Copies translations from the previous major version of the selected document. Opens the X-Translate window. Does not work if the document has no version history. (Do not create projects without document versioning.)
Assign: Works in the project manager edition of memoQ only. Opens the Assign selected documents to users window where you can manually assign translators and reviewers to the selected documents. For more options, click the Assign label below the icon. A menu appears:
- Assign: Assign the selected documents manually to your users.
- Auto-Assign: If memoQ knows the target language and the role of each user in the project, it can automatically assign translators and reviewers to documents. Opens the Auto-assign documents window. Before you auto-assign, use the People pane of Project home to add users and specify their roles and target languages.
- People: Opens the People of Project home, so that you can add users to your project.
Managing an online project? Look for the Assign command on the Statistics/Preparation ribbon in the memoQ online project window.
Users and assignments are copied when you publish the project: If you publish a local project to a memoQ TMS, you can match the users in the project to the users of memoQ TMS. Then memoQ can copy the participants and the assignments to the online project.
Move To Recycle Bin: Moves a project to the Recycle Bin, and removes it from the "live" project list. (If it is an online project, it will be moved to the server's Recycle Bin.)
Wrap Up: Marks the selected project or projects as finished. (If these are online projects, the memoQ TMS may archive these automatically.)